BOSTON (RNN) – At least two people are dead and more than 100 injured after back-to-back explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday.
An 8-year-old is among the dead, according to Boston news affiliate WHDH.
Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the explosions happened 50 to 100 yards apart at about 2:50 p.m. ET, nearly three hours after the first of the event’s winners crossed.
Massachusetts General Hospital is treating 22 patients, six in critical condition, five in serious condition. As of 5 p.m. ET, the remaining patients being treated at the facility were being evaluated.
According to CNN, eight children and one adult in serious condition were being treated at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Currently, police have no suspects in custody.
Speaking from the White House, President Barack Obama promised those responsible “will feel the full weight of justice,” but stopped short of calling it a terror attack.
“We still do not know who did this or why, and people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts,” he said, adding, “we will find out who did this and why they did this.”
Reuters said two high-level U.S. law enforcement sources told them one or more bombs were responsible for the detonations. Intelligence officials told the Associated Press at least two more devices had been discovered by police and were being dismantled.
For additional information: http://www.kctv5.com/story/21982414/2-dead-90-hurt-from-boston-marathon-bomb-blasts